Monday, May 9, 2011

What a beautiful day in Western Australia.

I've been shuttling between Australia and Singapore for the last five years, but only today did I realize how beautiful a day can be here in Perth. Autumn is my favourite season. Winter is too cold, Summer is too hot and Spring gives me hay fever but Autumn, Autumn is just perfect.

Today I took a walk to the local IGA, a little supermarket down the street. I enjoyed the gentle sunshine and the cool Swan River breeze which all but whisper on my skin.
It's along my running route, but when you're running everything looks, feel and smells different!

In Australia, I live in a quiet suburb. In between a boutique hotel and a retirement village. My apartment block is somewhat a buffer between the party-goers, and had-enough-of-partyingers.

Which effectively describes where I am at, now that i am in my mid-to-late-twenties, horror of horrors!

And today, after a gap year, I have decided to bring meself back to life. Like the Evanescence song. Yes, they were from 'my time'.

So I am coming home. Because I realise, I have never felt 'cut-off' from Singapore and perhaps, never will.

But I know I will feel cut-off from western Australia and all its gastronomic glory.


sexy onion rings and burger at JUS BURGER my favourite burger bar in the whole world.

and sexy western australia seafood by Cicerello's.






1 comment: