Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 4 - Vegan

Day 4 - Going Vegan
Exercise - 7.8KMRun
Summary - Didn't feel like hurling till dinnertime. Very tough challenge due to previously acquired eating habits. Kept ploughing till 12 midnight and yes, I made it with no cheating!
I realised the toughest challenge of being vegan was, I couldn't get my sweet treats!
Most come with butter, milk or cream - some form of dairy or other.
(Delayed post because blogger was down yesterday)

Brekkie
A long glass of chocolate soy milk! I ran out of bread so I thought of having some cereal. But alas the milo duo has (sneakily) got milk in them. Not vegan friendly. I had some oats but I had no soy milk to mix them with. I had my trusty nature's valley oat bars but I wasn't quite in the mood! So VITASOY to the rescue. I love chocolate soy milk. It's the regular or honeydew ones (in singapore) that I am not too crazy about.



Lunch
This was probably the most enjoyable meal of the day. I had a Roti Prata filled with Spinach and onion with a side of dhal. The chef convinced me the roti was vegan as he only uses margarine, no butter, no ghee. And again I had some of the vegan springrolls.


Tea
I had black tea with equal and some freeze dried banana chips. Mehh.

Dinner.
I bought some falafel and ended up becoming all adventurous - wanting to make my own hommus. So i bought chickpeas and then realised, i need tahina (sesame seed paste of sorts. So i bought sesame seeds. Then I realised I needed well, some bread to go with so i bought levant bread. Ended up assembling a vegan plate.

This vegan plate was so hard for me to keep down. I was honestly, about to upchuck. Funny though, I like all the individual bits on it's own. But together it was just too much!
Clockwise from top left - papad, levant bread, hommus, falafel, dhal and brown rice.

This hommus is almost the way i like it at certain restaurants. Am still trying to get the balance of flavours right.

Supper
I held off until the clock struck 12 midnight. And then I caved and had chocolate bikkies because Vegan day was officially over! Woohoo.

Pescetarian tomorrow. Already made plans to goto my favourite fish and chip shop. *Evil laughter

XOXO
*The usual photo/copyright disclaimer.

No comments:

Post a Comment