Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 3 - Oprah (Inspired) Food Challenge - Red Meat

Day 3 - Red Meat
Exercise - Easy 3KM walk, 3KM run
Summary - Overate, under exercised. For some strange reason I'm always hungry!
Cheat - had two bites of a chicken drumstick, couldn't resist!

Never been a fan of red meat. So wasn't really looking forward to today's meal plan.
Been having a bit of vertigo, possibly due to low blood pressure. Reckon I'd need to up the red meat ante. Do you know that here in Australia, there are advertising campaigns to encourage balanced eating? They're usually seasonal. Like lamb for spring, red meat for winter etc.

I Was rather busy today so my eating times were awry. Must remember to follow eating times as closely as I can. Else I'll end up bingeing at night. The horror.

9 Am Brekkie - 1/2 My favourite oat bar and half a glass of 2% milk with 20g of Milo Duo cereal. The aussie Milo cereal looks like the Singapore Koko Krunch, no?


12 Noon Lunch - 2 spoons of leftover briyani and 2 spoons of brown rice with lamb shank soup and remaining bergedils. Main source of red meat intake for the day.


4Pm Tea - 1/3 blueberry muffin (it wasn't shoft, unfortunately) and green tea

7 Pm Tea - Remaining half of oat bar, milk tea and 1/4 of the blueberry shoft muffin. Also two bites of chicken drum stick (argh!)

I love shoft muffin. What is it? Any regular muffin, heated for 20 seconds at 800W or high in a microwave. Syiokest. Warm, fluffy, shoft muffin! Shoft is when it's fluffier than soft.

See, I count calories. So when I crave something calorie laden, the rule of thumb is, it must be worth the calories. A dense cold muffin does no justice.

9.30 PM - Exercise!

11 Pm Supper - 2 spoons of brown rice, a spoon of abon sapi, 2 mini falafels, a handful of grainwaves and a spoon of light sour cream. and here comes the naughtiest bit - half scoop of italian gelato! ( too raunchy for a photo)

And the big vegan day challenge tomorrow. Wish me well!
I will attempt to make hommus and will be having falafel. But funnily, I am craving tempeh.
The challenge has already begun since 12mn. I can't even sneak in a naughty chocolate. because yes, milk is a by-product. So I just snacked a little on some air-dried banana chips.

By golly I best go to bed! the 14 degree weather's making me hungrier and lazier.

All photos captured by IG on iPhone4 in Perth.

No comments:

Post a Comment