Monday, May 9, 2011

Oprah - inspired (food) challenge

I admire Oprah. Not like an ardent fan, but as a person. Foresight, is what this woman has.
Just like Zuckerberg with facebook. And the Chinese with group buying. And Twitter with micro-blogging.

So, I happened to catch an episode of Oprah just the other day. All the guys at Harpo are attempting a vegan-challenge. And that Mondays can and should be Meatless Mondays. But unfortunately, I was already having my fish when it was on so, strike one there. Being vegan and vegetarian are quite different things. Going vegan can also be a lifestyle, encompassing more than just a diet.

I must say however, I thought that 'twas a fantastic idea! That is to allocate eating patterns/styles to days of the week. I am a flighty spirit so I like the idea of structure. It aids discipline, self-control and willpower. Essentially the distinguishing factors removing Man from animals.

So I thought, and tweeted that I might try it out.
Once a week - Vegan
Once a week - Vegetarian
Once a week - Red Meat
Once a week - White Meat
Once a week - Pescetarian
Twice a week - Balanced Meals

Not so rigid on the days, so long as they make up a week, I reckon I'd be alright.
Started of today HOPING to go vegan. Only realised I couldnt because I had these for breakfast.

MILK!
I obviously forgot, milk is an animal by-product. Should have taken that lovely chocolate soymilk instead. So that, was strike two! Boy is this going to be hard. But I am determined to keep on at it. Perhaps I can still make today vegetarian day.

Lately, I've been trying to take a little more care of my body in hopes of improving my health. I try to exercise at least four times a week and eat healthier. Not easy because i love food!
But I'll be damed if I don't try. Watch this space.

And for treats (chocolate chip oat cookies ok for lacto-vegetarians)

No comments:

Post a Comment